Thursday, 15 August 2013

The Liebster Award!!


I've been awarded this award by the lovely Rachel over at The Drugstore Life (go check her amazing blog out).

A little about the award (if like me you were non the wiser as they say!), The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers who are new and up and coming with under 200 (some say 300) followers.  It is a way of promoting blogs that you love to read (and follow!) whilst also showing others these great little blogs, which they may not of discovered otherwise. In a nutshell it's a bit of harmless promotion, we all love a bit of that don't we?

The rules for the Liebster Awards are as follows  (break them and well...we wouldn't want to find out):


1. Show your appreciation by linking back to the person who nominated you.

2. List 11 Facts about yourself (Optional)
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you,
4. Nominate another 11 blogs, preferably with under 200 followers, to pass the aware onto.
5. Compile 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.




So here goes fellow readers, for those who have ALWAYS wanted to know 11 random things about me (let's face it who wouldn't?! (I joke!)) feast your eyes over these! 

  1. I have a fear of street lights (not the old Victorian lamp type ones) - sounds crazy but I think it was all down to the one that use to shine into my room when I was younger, it was one of those that was pinky red when it first came on and warmed up. After this one, we had normal street lamp but this liked to every now and again flick on and off repeatedly. Yes, it's a weird fear but that is what it is. Moving swiftly on.....
  2. My favourite colour EVER, is Lime Green. It is amazing! 
  3. My favourite flower is the sunflower. I love the sunshine as it makes me happy, so when it's dull and rainy the sunflower is like my own personal sunshine! 
  4. I was a vegetarian for over 5 years, it made me ill. Now I love steak (still feel guilty as hell though when ever I eat meat - which isn't all that often either)
  5. I am indecisive, I always change my mind about things - several times much to the annoyance of my partner. 
  6. I love cheese
  7. I always wanted to be an Archaeologist when I was younger (thanks to Time Team) - still wish i'd done this at uni.
  8. I love Sex and the City - Charlotte is my favourite 
  9. I HATE racism/homophobia - that grinds my gears 
  10. I am a baking Queen - I believe I was a 1940's housewife in a past life 
  11. I would love a pet T-Rex - shame they no longer roam the earth  


My Liebster Questions from Rachel:

1. What is your favourite make up brand? "I'd have to say high end - Dior and for highstreet/drug store - Rimmel. 
2. If you could only have one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be? " A double ended eyeliner, the ones with pencil at one end and liquid at the other end" 
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? "Archaeologist
4. Do you have a style icon? "No, I just wear what I like and feel good in. If I had to pick someone it would be my friend Hayley, she has amazing body confidence! I think this makes someone stylish." 
5. What is your favourite skincare brand? "Soap and Glory or Avon"
6. What keeps you motivated to blog? "Being able to type out my thoughts and opinions on to a page and the fact that people actually read these ramblings
7. Is there anything you could not live without? " Apart from the obvious food/water - i'd have to say my family/partner. Soppy and sentimental - that's me!" 
8. Where is your favourite place in the world? I'm not well travelled and haven't really seen much of the world, but from where i've been currently (within the UK) I have to say Edinburgh is my favourite place ever. I'd love to move there one day. 
9. If you could have 3 celebrities to a diner party, who would it be and why? Martin Luther King jr - because this man died fighting for what he believed in. I have so much respect and admiration for him; he changed the lives of so many people. Heath Ledger - just so I can ask what happened and to look at his beautiful face. Lastly i'd have James Hetfield (singer from the metal band Metallica) he is beautiful and i'd have him asking me to marry him by the end of the night (sorry Andy!) 
10. What is the most inspirational thing somebody has ever said to  you? " Honestly can not recall anything like this. 
11. Is there anything you are scared of? "Yes! Spiders, street lights, moths"

My nominees:
www.thelifeofalphamikeyanky.blogspot.com


My Liebster Questions to my Nominees:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2.What 3 beauty items would you take with you; if you were stuck on a desert island?
3. What fashion item is your A/W must have?
4. What beauty brand do you love that people may not know about?
5. Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, George Clooney...GO!?
6. Cats or Dogs?
7.What made you start a blog ?
 8. If you could give 14 year old you some advice, what would it be?
9. What is your opinion on fur?
10. Would you like to make a career from blogging?
11. What plans do you have for the future?